PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2008, 11:25
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt this post will result in me being accused (again) of being Anti-French or a luddite but I still believe that Airbus (and now Boeing) FBW will continue to throw up surprises for decades to come, possibly even more so as the hardware gets older and falls into less experienced hands.
It has to be faced that since it's introduction many Airbus
accidents/incidents have resulted in accusations of slightly "clandenstine" conclusions / investigations. Having said that the Concorde accident could be accused of the same lack of emphasis on certain factors,draw your own conclusions from that.
Boeing are not immune to this either, I believe the 737 rudder problems were probably known about but down-played as long as possible. Finally, money has a habit of influencing dissemination of safety information whether it is Dollars or Euros.
Does anyone know how closely they were following the other ( Ryanair) aircraft ? I have had some fairly dramatic wake turbulence encounters following similar aircraft types, not of the magnitude perhaps to lose control & plunge into the sea, but certainly alarming in their intensity. Unlikely I know, but this accident is going to throw up some rather left-field cause in any case I think. As previous posters have alluded to, I hope we will be allowed to know the cause & fix, rather than it just being serruptitiously inserted into a software update sometime in the future.