PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ajwaa Saudi - wannabes & recruitment
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2008, 05:54
Amelia84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jennifer!

I unfortunately do not have any information on that specific company. However, I am currently living here in Riyadh and working for a private owner on a 2 month on/1 month off rotation so I can offer you a little advice.

Dont listen to what people tell you about Saudi. It is really not as bad as everyone thinks. People here are very nice as long as you respect their culture. YOu will probably be living in a western compound as I am. We fly alot so we actually dont spend that much time in Saudi anyway but sometimes I actually look forward to coming back here to chill out by the pool, go to the gym and relax. There is really not much need to even leave the compound if you dont want to. My only worry would be that 5 months here could possibly be too long..but then it depends how much you are flying and whether you have husband or boyfriend at home you are going to miss...because you will miss them..it can get lonely here. YOu really need to be tough and not the type that gets homesick or lonely.

But saying that, if you do not have any prior VIP experience, I would go for it because even if the company is dodgy, you can start looking elsewhere once you get here. Once you are here you will realise how many private companys and private owners are over here and in the middle east. I am constantly meeting other flight attendants and pilots and they will always tell you if they have jobs going.

So I say get your foot in the door, get any experience you can and keep your eye out for other opportunities once your here.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Hope this helps!