PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:16
waiterpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maun detailage

Yo homies.

I have seven minutes left for the internet cafe, so this probably won't be as long and fascinatingly brilliant as previous postings.

I have arrived! London = hail, Maun = 35 degrees, so there is quite a difference! There is wireless interent at Audi camp, and round the town there are a few hotspots, so bring your laptops (assuming you don't mind worrying about them being nicked all the time)!

I have been round to a couple of the companies, not got round them all yet - but everyone is very friendly and helpful. When you first arrive just introduce yourself, and you will be speaking to somebody 'in power' pretty quick. Make a good impression and hand in your CV! They will then send you up in any flights where there are spare seats. I did this today in the Caravan for the first time and I am pleased to announce I spotted an elephant. I even got a Mack Air shirt (several sizes too big mind you - the sleeves make me look like I have wings).

Nobody really knows what they are hiring this year, since their bookings re down compared to last season - but there seem to be lots of pilots leaving in January so that would be a good time to arrive. There is only one other guy looking for a job at the moment.

Audi camp is sandy - be careful or you will chafe...

That's all for now, will be back in a few days to let you know my progress!