PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Heliroutes
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2002, 09:24
stevechowles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Heliroutes

Hi there

As a Heli Pilot using the Helilanes, I wondered if you could answer some questions for me.

1. I was cleared from Cookham H10 to Gutteridge. While on route to Gutteridge Northolt inform me of an aircraft inbound and said remain at 1500ft in case the aircraft does a go around. He then asked if I was happy with 500ft separation. If I had said NO, would would have happened?

2. If while in the Heliroutes a controller asks me if I am happy with visual separation, what would happen if I said NO?

3. Radio failure: If I was cleared to enter the zone for routing H10 - H4 - Isle of Dogs - Return and was cleared as far as Gutteridge. If I had a radio failure on route to Gutteridge, is the procedure is to hold at Gutteridge for 3 mins and then continue my route at maximum operating altitude or is Gutteridge my only clearance and I would have to backtrack? Have I understood this correctly? We get held at London Bridge if City are in use so what would happen in this case?

4. Has anyone experienced a pilot with a radio failure and in their opinion did he follow the rules correctly?

Thanks in advance

Steve