PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen or Airservices Australia publications?
Old 25th Nov 2008, 21:22
Altimeters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me it would definitely be the Jepps. I used to use the DAPs during my training but since I've converted and I've never looked back!

I find that the Jepps organise things a bit more better on the plate. All of your holding information is right there in the middle of the plate on the approach chart. The picture of the procedure itself is much bigger compared to the DAP picture (which is good as it stops me from squinting to read the new track inbound!).

But at the end of the day it just comes down to your own preference. This is just some of things I've found using the Jepps which are much better than the DAPs.

The Jeppesens do contain all the information you would find in the AIP of the Airservices publications including all the IFR Enroute and TAC charts as part of the amendment service. Finally, you would still need to get the CAOs and CARs regardless if you are using Jepps or the Airservices publications.

Good luck with your training!