PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 24th Nov 2008, 06:20
Scumbag O'Riley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boardingpass explained it very well.

I think O'Leary has done an excellent job over the years of giving his punters exactly what they want. In a lot of ways (and I hate these stock phrases) he was a 'man of the people', not like these other airlines, he didn't rip you off. Sure, you always got extra charges at the end but these were not Ryanair charges, they were nasty airport and government charges, RYanair was simply passing them on. And as these charges approximated what the third parties were charging Ryanair, they seemed fair. But we are not stupid, we know it doesn't cost Ryanair £16 in bank fees to process a round trip for two.

So he has broken that 'fair charges' relationship with his punters. He can no longer spit out his 'rip off fuel surcharge' press releases about his competitors raping the travelling public because he is now doing it himself. Basically he has lost the moral high ground, that is the disappointing thing for me. I used to tell the taxi drivers, and anybody else who would listen, what a cracking airline Ryanair was - and everydoby would agree. Now I first say they have a rip-off credit card fee, and everybody agrees with me.

Will not stop me flying with them as I only look at the final charge cost wise, but that relationship with them has now changed. He has now turned RYanair into 'Just Another Airline'

Hope I don't come over as crass and sentimental, lol