PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 23rd Nov 2008, 22:25
boardingpass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just booked some flights on a low-co in Australia (Tiger) and feel ripped off by credit card fees. I'm happy about the overall price, no disputing that, but it has left a bad feeling. I know that the per sector, per person fee is ridiculously high and unjustified, especially given it's one transaction and the merchant isn't being charged more than 2%. Also, it was the ONLY option available to pay! Credit card fees should be nothing more than what the bank charges the company, and if there's no other option to pay, should simply be part of the advertised price up front. Feeling ripped off means that I have no desire to fly with them again, unless they are the cheapest option (which they cannot be all the time). I wish governments would legislate that if companies choose to charge extra for credit cards, it must be only to recuperate what it costs them, or at the very least offer alternative methods of payment without surcharges.