PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - postings about accidents
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 20:53
Slopey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuji Abound
Quote:
I don't recall seeing any posts by relatives on any of the accident threads recently - if they don't already frequent here, then they're not likely to stumble on it by chance
Slopey - I do respect your views, but you must accept what others say.

Whirly and I have both said relatives do read these threads - honest we are not making it up. I have been around PPruNe to long, so I can tell you they also post here on occasions.
Absolutely - as others have said, sticking to the facts should be the m.o. and relevant speculation regarding those facts (as far as they are available).

Obviously, it's perfectly reasonable for relatives to request that threads are removed should they deviate from facts and enter into the realms of unfounded criticism, however, if criticism is warranted, imho on this forum it should be able to be aired. The value of these threads should not be diminished as imho it adds to the bank of "I don't want to end up like him" checks I subconciously run through before flying.

Ultimately, the mods have final say what is or isn't on here, and I'd presume upon their judgement if that was needed. And of course, the interests and feelings of relatives are paramount, and if needed, discussion should be conducted in a more "generic" thread.