PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quantas jobs for UK pilots
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2008, 02:12
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Hit a nerve have I

MAX You need to reread my post.

I DO NOT believe that you have to be born in Britain to be British.

I DO NOT believe that those born outside of Britain should not be entitled to British Citizenship, British Subjecture, British Protected Status, et al

I further DO NOT believe that EU citizens should not have the right to live and work across Europe. I have lived and worked in other European countries!

I'm not crying about anything and don't feel remotely hard done by. It does not affect me at all at my stage of my career and it was being on my computer that got me the job I have! Also can't help that notice that you have more posts/length of time on this forum that I. Pot. Kettle?

My point is a point of order about the future of British Aviation. It is unfair to label someone xenophobic because they do not agree with you. I respect your view, which you are entitled to and I am willing to defend your right to have it but I differ in my opinion and that is my right and I would expect you to do me the same courteousy without insinuating that I dislike or fear other nationalities.

I would be happy to be second in the queue in Holland to a Dutch pilot or the same in Poland, Germany etc. I think that it should be one rule for all. We should either all take our own nationalities first or equally select from a whole EU/JAR pool equally. Frankly I don't care which but it should be the same everywhere. It isn't and it is that with which I disagree.

Some people have a different view to you get over it or argue your point but name calling is for those without the intellectual horsepower to back up their argument with something of substance.