PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13th Month
Thread: 13th Month
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2008, 04:01
strike committee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hydrolix ( and all the rest of the members to be.. )

good to hear you are in need of convincing.. that is the first step.. the open mind...
firstly, lets get past the standard hurdles. i truly dont believe that the fees are of such a significant amount to stop any member to be. if anyone is so restricted financially so as not to be able to afford them, i would suggest that they would need more than most any financial gains to be got and probably advice from a financial expert!!

secondly, think of the options:

stick with the status quo. this will lead to what? more of the same, no progress, years of struggle and strain, uncertainty and financial loss. uncertainty for you and your families future.

join the hkaoa. become part of a building presence. invest in your career by standing up for your rights. stopping the chipping away of your benefits and salary and erosion of your conditions of service. of course all of this wont happen overnight and each of us will have to DO SOMETHING to help. you will have to start taking pride in our positions within the company and take back the ground that has been taken from us over the years. will we have to strike? i hope not? that is the whole point. unity gives options. options that have been successful in the past not only with the hkaoa, but with other unions overseas. this is what we have to strive toward. all of this is achievable, but only by committing to what we have to achieve and all doing it together. i have said it many times already. each of us has to play their part. if all you do is talk over the issues with crew you fly with and if they show interest, get their details and send it in to the hkaoa for the committee members responsible to follow up. cx managers have shown their fear of the hkaoa gathering this same information.

all in all, the reason is up to you. i could sit here all day and write, but ultimately a personal decision has to be made to get involved and play a part in something good. the first step is the hardest. once you join , you have the right to participate and have joined the fight to improve your career.

if anyone talks to crew who are interested email their details ( email / mob ph ) to hkaoa @ hkaoa.org