View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2008, 01:58
strike committee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello again hydrolix.

thanks for the reply.
well, where do i start..
It makes no difference whether we are in the union or not
well, i beg to differ. i shudder to think what would be if cx had open season on the COS. whether or not you are in fact a crew member remains to be seen. i am certain that things would be significantly worse than that which we see now. remember- in the not too distant past - just before 911 we had the company on the ropes. they were struggling with the 49ers decison, wet leased aircraft, high crew sickness, bad PR, court cases. then after 911 things changed. what happened? i can tell you what happened. the airline industry changed and we were forced to adopt a different strategy to adapt to the changed climate. unfortunately the pendulum swung too far and is now swinging back toward where we were. CX mismanagement have shown themselves to be the greedy, heartless specimens that we always knew they were, only now we have the truth right in front of us to see. it makes no difference whether we are in the hkaoa? i beg to differ. as time goes on more and more crew will see the benefits of unity. we can easily get back to the posiion of strength and management will lead the way with their underhand tactics.

mamagement can stall, as long as the crew are not united. this is the whole point. the unity comes from leadership and members taking it upon themselves to promote the union cause. once again check out this link on education to promote discussion on events that have caused this situation. the situation that can only be remedied increasing membership..

I am financially better off because I don't have to pay subs.
well there you go.. good for you for saving the subs. this link shows your flawed argument there.. if you honestly consider the subs to be a hardship, you are only fooling yourself for the benefits recieved now and the potential in the future. individual contracts are too funny to even talk about... nice try..

for real cx crew:
talk to interested crew about the issues, then pass on their details ( email/ mob ph ) to hkaoa @ hkaoa.org