PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13th Month
Thread: 13th Month
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2008, 00:58
Hydrolix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chards

It makes no difference whether we are in the union or not - that has been proven (case in point by ST unilatterally extending the RP agreement when a vote actually turned it down). Management has done nothing but negotiate with the AOA for conditions worse than previous. Negotiations for everything take years as management can stall as they please with the union sticking their hands in the air, and don't say "well things are different now, we have a new president and committee etc", tell me the last time the AOA did anything beneficial for the pilot body as a whole - not minute wins, I mean large victories which have significantly bettered the COS of flight crew. I am happy to stand corrected but I don't think anything has really been acheived for many years, why? Divide and conquer by management. You will never get a union to agree when there are so many different COS and packages. I am financially better off because I don't have to pay subs. You'd be better off negotiating individually with management, about as successful I reckon.