PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Officer vs NCO Bias at OASC?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 22:13
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sven Sixtoo
The big thing to remember. . . a job market . . . with the numbers biased against the applicant. . . quotas to fill - and if you fall into one of the right boxes in the selection process they will be delighted.

Now the world may have changed since 1976, . . . offered third choice and not first choice.
Spot on and nothing had changed in even 50 years. Much more recently competition for Int was fierce but slots were scarce. Vacanccies for Logistics were three times those for Int but applications were low. Rather than turn down good potential officers because there were no vacancies left in Int they would rather divert them to Logisitics to fill the quotas.

So if someone would take Int or bust then they would get Int whereas Int or anything would get Anything. The same would apply in any other branch.

If you offer pilot, WSO, WSOp and you have the merest hint of a language ability guess what you would be offered. It would not be pilot or WSO.