PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - New safety demo vid.....
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2008, 08:24
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditzy...thanks for your info. I was of the understanding that the Dash 8 F/A had to stop doing manual announcements because they wanted to be consistent with mainline and have a recorded briefing....hence their requirement to do seat belts, life jacket etc. Look babes, I'm not sure of this and I am happy to be corrected by anyone from the Regional Airlines re this matter.

Gloriais18....thank you for your info re CAO 20.11....I always had a sneaky suspicion that a full physical demo was not required by law and that an "oral briefing" was the bare bones minimum. Like all things with Qantas though...they like to do more than what is required by them of law.....eg. Bi-annual EPs (which was previously only annual). I guess doing a 'live-demo' is their way of doing more than what is required.

Look I'm just being lazy and would rather stand around the galley during the demo and sip earl grey tea.....perhaps I should be a Purser...that way I won't have to do a demo..... I'm happy either way....but if given the choice, I'd rather not have to a live demo like some other airlines.

My pet dislike.....airlines who try to make the demo funny by adding silly ridiculous comments....it makes me cringe and it devalues the message that is being conveyed. If you're gonna do a demo....then do it properly and let the passengers know we are serious about getting them out should the sardine can catch on fire.