PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Human Resources, the unproductive industry
Old 19th Nov 2008, 12:20
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post NotmyC150V2

But I'm not sure why you're bothering.

Your protagonists in this thread have their opinions, and have dug their heels in and wont listen to anything you'll post here.

At the risk of getting involved in this thread (again I'm a sucker for punishment, I guess )

CW, please indulge me:

Firstly:

How come we still have perfectly competent flight crew very well trained flying the most sophisticated A/C to date still fly into a hill with smiles on their faces? That's a team environment don't forget, something you & a HR dep are all warm & fuzzy about.
Please quote the incident, and where it stated in the report that the crew were hired by the modern HR department, using the "mumbo-jumbo" that "most agree here" is coming from the "Human Remains" department. Or could it be POSSIBLE that this alleged incident had more similarities to the Tenerife incident, where the captain was GOD, not a "team player" by any definition, and who took no advice from either the FE or the FO?

Without any effort, I can think of:

Tenerife,
DC8 into Portland, USA,
Lockheed electra in the US,
and the Garuda 737 in Indonesia last year,

That had as and identified contributing factor a Captain who wouldn't take advice from anyone else on the flight deck. Most of these crews were employed in "the good old days" before all these
fairly land HR dep's
had any input.

Next:

Todays 'team' in a modern day cockpit is for safety & redundancy, you certaintly don't need more than one pilot to fly a jumbo.
I'm prepared to be corrected by you on this one, but please let us all know how many 747 hours you've got?

You also rubbish CRM for SP ops:

The British Midlands accident identified areas where CRM can be extended beyond the flightdeck.

DIVOSH!

(It's late, I've had a long day, and I should know better)