PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Spannish Airline for real!?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2008, 10:48
Don Corleoni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Pilot and Uni. degree

Hello guys

Pretty interesting to read your opinions about this. I would say like few of you have said that when an airline need to hire pilot and in the end they have 2 persons left, with same hours and everything but person A has a degree from University then I would hire this person. Even though the degree is a "crap" because you can't go through university without putting some work and thinking to it.
Well if we talk about me now, then I'm about to finish BS degree (3 exams left) en electrical engineering. I've sent applications all over the place to many many many companies and I have been in 1 interview which sadly didn't work out for me. During this interview it was very clear that they didn't gave a **** about this university degree of mine. I was interviewed by 2 pilots (captains) and I think their opinion to this was waste of time spending 3 years in uni. (sad sad sad)
But I for sure hope that next interview will go better and it will be considered as a plus this university degree.

Then about this spanish company mentioned in the first thread. Is spanish language requirement nothing that they can put to the side? Does anyone here know?