PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info required - Abeche / Nyala / Geneina
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2008, 10:08
opsjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info required - Abeche / Nyala / Geneina

Hi all,
We are operating across Africa to Jeddah using G reg B752 both Etops / Non Etops sectors (depending on crew availability). If we were routing from Nigeria to Jeddah, we would prefer to fly across Chad Sudan (Khartoum) before routing North to Port Sudan and over the red Sea. We could use FTTJ (N'Jamena), HSSS (Khartoum) as our ETOPS (138mins) alternates / ERA'S. However, if we were to fly this route NON-ETOPS (60mins) we would need the introduction of a futher suitable airfield (RFF 6 + / Opening hours / Runway / PCN all within limits etc...) somewhere between N'Jamena and Khartoum. this airfield would need to be either Abeche (FTTC), Nyala (HSNN) or Geneina (HSGN). The books i have (Jeppesen flight supplement booklets, BA RIM) dont have a whole lot of info about these places. Have emailed AIS ASECNA who wern't very helpful either.. Has anyone got any contact details for these places? Even better, has anyone got any experience / other suggestions?. We need to conform the the criteria as set in our operations manual and i think Fire category (RFF) will be the biggest problem (min RFF6 at planning stage). I know that any airport with a good runway is fine in an emergency, but as i've said... at planning stage we need to conform with our ops manual which is part of our AOC... I'm kinda stuck... (BA do list Geneina and El Fashar (Sudan)as suitable diversion airfields, both as BA category 'E')
OJ