PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What IS the accepted security 'pat down' search pattern?
Old 19th Nov 2008, 07:37
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a difficult area. As a man working at Heathrow, I have been almost "groped" on a few occasions - on one occasion, I did complain to the supervisor.

However, I have seen internal memos from the Department for Transport following their inspections where they accuse the Security Staff of not being thorough enough with the body searches and being too gentle!

"In particular, the boobs and buttocks and genital area have proved popular places for the concealment of prohibited articles and you must be certain that these areas have been checked. If the alarm on the security arch is activated, you must establish beyond any doubt the reason."

.....So, on the one hand, the Security Officers are being told to be firm - on the other, we feel our dignity is being violated. Lose - Lose situation I would say!

Mind you, if you do feel the search is too intrusive to the point of "interference", you are welcome to bring the matter to the attention of the Security Team Leader.