PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 747's damaged at Avalon . . .
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2008, 04:33
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding it has to be a LAME on the flight deck when being towed, not a AME is this correct. Anyway sh$t happens, its happened before and will happen again. (Must say though that 747/400 involved in the oxy incident is starting to look like my wifes car. Best time is when they got ol EBB's wing caught behind a power pole on the base,the more pushing and shoving the more she got stuck. ( I happened to be in the crew) we stood and watched for some time, (very entertaining) in the end they took the pole out after cutting of the power, big problem being nobody told anybody in Admin 1, so the techies and c/c were stuck in the lifts along with ground staff. All flights were delayed up to three hours or more as hot and bothered crews and staff were rescued, some of the girls were slightly distraught to say the least, we were ok we were only doing a MEL, those who were heading up the track, had the total S$its, no sense of humour what so ever. Hope nobody gets into to much trouble over this at Avalon, but knowing the company.......... there will be a witchhunt.