PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new instructor advice
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2008, 00:32
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Doctrine Vs Dogma

Nowhere on this thread (or the other one) have I claimed to be better than anyone else.
well this quote from your post says:

given the choice I'd recommend a full time career instructor to train someone rather than a part timer - is that so complicated to grasp?

VFE.
Unless you are suggesting that you would do a student the disservice of recommending someone who wasn't the best instructor for them. I take this to mean that you are implying F/T instructors are better than P/T instructors. If I have misinterpreted you here is an opportunity to explain.

Unless I am mistaken I have not mentioned any schools or airlines I have worked for in these threads and save the fact that my profile gives a fairly typical but not altogether uncommon profile I have not at any point given you anything like my life story. If you want that get yourself over here bring some beer and pull up a sandbag failing that lets stop the thread creep.

My point was to welcome a new instructor and offer some friendly advice. Your original post to him/her was less than welcoming, now notwithstanding the fact that the thread has been done to death the new chap/chappess is only 24yrs old has just qualified as an FI and probably only just qualified as a commercial pilot so I thought that going easy and welcoming a new professional to our ranks would be a nice thing to do.

You however have hijacked the thread to snipe at those you imply are the bad examples. Had you said something to the effect that one common mistake is to over brief full stop then everyone would wholeheartedly agree.

What you did however say indirectly and directly was that the persons likely to perpetrate overbriefing are those whom YOU consider
dabble in
instruction and you then went on to identify said perpetrators as airline pilots/experienced professional fliers.

I think that I have a case to say you more than merely raised your views. As a parting thought though my views, as you happen to keep mentioning them, are not just my views they are CFS doctrine not Vortex Things dogma the difference is the whole raison d'etre for these forums.