PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 17th Nov 2008, 16:45
dwshimoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benish...

And I've worked also. In an airport in fact. Get to speak to alot of people find out alot of stuff. Its not too glim at the moment!
Firstly, I assume you mean either grim or glum - if not, and you meant to say "it's not too good at the moment" - then I apologise! Otherwise:

I'm sorry, but if you believe that, you really have absolutely no idea about this industry at all. Talk to any commercial pilot at the moment, they will ALL have friends who have already lost their job this year, or are fearful of losing it shortly.

And it's not just losing the job, it's taking effective pay cuts, working harder, or accepting reduced T & C's.

To say "it's not too glim at the moment" is just total and uniformed crap that highlights your naievety.

No one wants to stop anyone from getting into this industry, but you have to open your eyes and be honest with yourself - the country financially is in a s**t state, and it is going to get pretty bad for all of us before it starts to (slowly) get better - try 2010 for a starter.