PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Starter - Bristol Aviation??
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 13:41
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But that would not be a recognised way of training to be a doctor so is a bit of a waste of the time you spent typing all that out.

Building hours 'DIY' as you put it is a perfectly acceptable way of gaining the hours required to start the CPL course. You seem to be making a rather broad assumption that people are unable to build hours themselves without their flying skills degrading. That they need the help of an instructor to guide them through. There are hundreds of people out there who have done it this way and probably had a great time doing so.

You also keep referring to 'DIY Training'. The hour building is not training. It is about gaining valuble experience as an aircraft 'commander'. This is about making your own decisions not having it all mapped out for you. Whether you are flying the family to france for lunch or doing aeros it all builds experience.

I do not wish to get into an argument with you. We are obviously coming from completely different angles on this. My advice was based on the assumption that there will be no recruitment in the near future, so why do an intensive course? And why stop at 100 hours? What then, dont fly for months on end? Flying regularly and keeping your flying to a high standard is the key.

As i said in a previous post, this is all just my opinion.