PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QFLink New Destinations?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2008, 04:38
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Qantaslink (Eastern and Sunstate) are in the midst of a a crewing crisis. I seriously doubt they would be capable of expanding operations outside their current scope without cutting back services elsewhere. They still have more key personnel to leave for other jobs early next year.

I don't know whether NJS can step up to the plate in terms of expansion, either. They're advertising for crew also. Clarrie, perhaps you could elaborate?

I suppose there's always Alliance to fill the void, as they are in QLD....

IMHO, the carrot dangling in the new SS EBA is purely a diversion away from the lousy 3% they have been offered, and to keep the guys & girls there under control (in false hope of expanding their career prospects).

Kumar has categorically stated several times that EAA & SSA are, and always will be, turboprop operations, and NJS is the Qantaslink jet operation. I doubt that will change any time soon. And as to a merger of the two? - you're dreaming. That would fundamentally go against QF's policy of "divide and conquer" (segmentation) of its labour groups. They wouldn't even accept a merge of the SSA & EAA pilot seniority lists!

The cynic in me feels the secondary aim of including "single aisle jet" pay into the SSA EBA is to hang a backhanded one on the contract managers at NJS. You know - "our guys have offered to do it cheaper...Sharpen your pencils come contract renewal time!"

What do you'all reckon?

Bloggs, that brown thing is your Christmas bonus.