PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Students Employment Success
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 09:34
TLBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afraz, I went modular and was working as cabin crew from start to end ,3 and a bit years.(I was cabin crew before I decided I wanted to be a pilot)

It allowed me to keep earning I started pre sept 11th, so there were'nt a great deal of jobs and by the time i finished the market had picked up and everybody expanding. I got a job with an airline with 250 hours.
Before I made my decision I asked a lot of flight deck how they trained and a fair few of them were modular , However the market at the time helped make my mind up. Mass shortage of jobs.

Looks like the job market and economy is in a pretty poor position and probably will be for some time?

Good advice from the other guys is that it really does depend on your individual circumstance and long term ,I dont think it matters intergrated or modular its the person that counts.

I met a number of people during my IR that had done the intergrated route and had to wait quite a while before getting a job.

My advice to you is with,the present lack of movement in the airline industry against you and your age (18 ?) for you. Time appears to be on you side and that may help you make your mind up?
You could go modular and end up in employment at the same time as the guy who goes intergrated course and ends up waiting for the market to pick up. Thats what happened to me.
Good luck