PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPT's operating into the CTAF
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2008, 02:42
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"DBTW" Well put together from a nasty persons point of view. That's fine like everyone else in here yr welcome to express yr opinion. I & other professional pilots have to deal with yr types beliefs almost day in day out in & around the traps. Safety starts with YOU, ME & everyone else in the sky, but it's difficult enough to achieve that when I read very troublesome comments like this from another contributor ........... and not get pushy etc and quibble if thier ETA is inaccurate or the radial is wrong... " To think that when I'm in IMC inbound tryig to form an accurate picture of who's where also inbound etc I am expected to believe the above is acceptable, maybe to some pvt pilots but it's not to me!
Mid-airs don't happen because of the ones that do it right, do it for those that don't do it right by making allowances & do it in a professional manor, pvt & commercial.
Anyway believe what you want I'm not bagging all PVT pilots, on the contrary as I said you can tell the ones that know/care simply by their R/T procedures (their the ones that will give way) it's the 'farmer brown's out there that I/we need eyes in the back of our heads for!
I blame a lot on training, airmanship is a lost art with some.

"das' I agree there are at times poor airmanship displyed even at RPT level but to some degree now that we have seen a rapid expansion in RPT hiring (with some of the lowest exp levels this country has ever seen being accepted) there are newbies at that level who are still 'green' & stuff it up, I lay some of the blame for the PIC.

CW