PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Students Employment Success
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2008, 14:04
CABUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be fair its more about the person than the school, unless the old boy network has been used. Of course the interview is looking for a good pilot but there is limited difference between intergrated and mod, 200hrs is 200hrs! When it gets to intervew stage its all about if could they sit next to you on a night TFS or across the pond, not what school you went to. I can see now that people thinking that its the intergrated route that opens doors and yes it does but persistence can do the same. There are stories of a guy who sent to the FCA, or A2000 as they were know then, every week with a CV attached to a bunch of flowers for the chief pilots secretary, after a LONG time it paid off. Equally the guy who hired a bill board van and painted 'I want to fly for Easyjet' and sat in their carpark in an orange jump suit.
As I am sure most guys do, driving around the airports in the country dropping CV's off on top of writing regular letters, prefferably since hour 1 of flying, to every airline updating them on a regular basis will open doors!!
I was a MOD guy from a good UK school and my first job was on the 320 for a uk charter airline all due to regular letters. I also have friends that went to Oxford and are now flying for RYR. So there is not really much difference at the moment at all. However, modular often means that you dont have to ponce around in eppalettes before ever flying an a/c, this may be controversial I know but I am sure with hindsight everone agrees a trip around a certain school is nothing less than comedy value!