PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Spannish Airline for real!?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2008, 09:02
yakmadrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignorant prospective pilot

N-1 wrote:
"Yes my friends, this is for real. And moreover sad, this is the way folks at AEA makes a recruitment process, to me, all is a pretty bunch of bull****"
I left Air Europa in 97, and I have to say that they are a very professional company in their operations. It is the only company in Spain that have their entry requirement written and accesible to anybody. The process is fair and transparent. Their goal is to hire the best, I am sorry you could not pass their requirements.

"For all of you who would like to apply for the next recruitment, get know that AEA will ask you for the "Cervantes Institute Certificate for Spanish Language Proficiency" or something like that. For us, spaniards they request a TOEFL or English proficiency..... (you would like for sure listen how nice english they speak, mostly is a bad joke and not understandable at all)."
What is wrong with that, pretty standard requirement, check the JARīs.

"On the other hand, as anyone has already said, they request a Diploma or University degree.... ok, but funny is that Philosophy, Art, or any non technical degree worths much more than many hundred hours on B737 or similar jet."
Not much more, it counts exactlly as 575 hrs, so you still need 425 hrs to apply. if you have 1000 hrs of B-737 you can apply too and get hired. In the USA you need more hours to get into any major or Southwest. more than 90% of pilots hired by majors had a 4 yr. degree. Having obtained a degree means that you have the intelectual skills and the maturity to be a good captain and manager.

"A friend of mine applied, passed it all but finally was rejected in the personal interview, nice filter, isn't it?"
The personnal interview is to confirm the results of the aptitude and personality test. If the psychologist tells us that the applicant is not a good team player, we have not option, even if he has thousands of hours.

"he was B737 capt when applied, but since promotion to captainship is from inside, he only could accept a F/O position in the event of being contracted, so if you are already PIC, don't even dream to fly left seat in AEA from a direct entry.... no, no, noo "
Like any serious company seniority should be respected.

Finally, Air Europa promotes the hiring of victims of terrorism by giving them a bonus in their flying hours, it does not state how many, problaby it is said in their web page. A victim is also a direct relative of the person affected. I congratulate Mr. Hidalgo for this, it is a way of supporting for example the sons of policeman killed by eta, or soldiers injured in Afghanistan.

Air Europa is a great and fun company to work for.