PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this Spannish Airline for real!?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 14:21
Melnaboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash Test:

I think that both points of view are WRONG. You just CANNOT judge who has been working harder to become an airline pilot. You don't know nothing about their environments, family or circunstances.
What about if now you know that the pilot B got the degree paying money in that kind of private universities where you get the degree just paying?

What about if someone tells you that the pilot A has been working in a mine for 10 years, and as a waiter on weekends, just to collect the money to pay his studies?

Anyone should judge who should get a position as an airline pilot based in events out of the proper requirements of the job itself.
Anyone is a better pilot (or deserves it more) just for have a university degree or for be affected by a terrorism attack.

Of course it is their airline and they can do whatever they want, but my opinion is that that kind of selection process is not going to get the best pilots between all their candidates, so, the selection process is no good and should be amended ASAP if they want to improve its quality.

Good flights to all of you!