PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC move worries
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 14:10
Stupendous Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glasgow is further from manchester than Manchester is from London. It is north of Moscow and closer to the latitude of St Petersburg than London. Hell, the SNP want to ally more closely with Iceland and Norway than London
What has that got to do with the move?

I have a lot of sympathy for the guys moving up here who are having to uproot their families.

However...This has been on the cards for a while and so anyone who arrived at Manch in the last 5 or so years really has no grounds for complaint.

We are a mobile grade and the staff at Manch are being relocated.
The original point of this thread was regarding negative equity. I think it is a real kick in the balls down to timing. Unfortunate, but one of those things - not that anyone is taking it lightly.

To say its a diffrent country is sh1te. I'm not scottish, neither is my wife. We both love it here and ScOACC is a great unit to work at (even if the ops room equipment is currently the Life On Mars version of UK ATC!). All the guys are friendly - and sympathetic to MACCs plight re: moving family/changing schools/jobs for partners etc.

It is different from the WD/LAC move because, in my mind, you could still have your house/partner/kids in London and make the 2 hour commute down the M3. Not the case here. Its about 3 and a bit hours depending on traffic to see the missuses family in Manch.

So dare I say Quit whining about the actual move and put that effort into moving. Address your legitimate concerns over negative equity etc with the company. Scotland bashing won't do you any good.

(Ducking for cover from the expected incoming!)