PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 13th Nov 2008, 14:07
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the information given.

I have 2 years experience with customer service as I was running my own computer business here in West Africa. And I came across many difficult people, but it was easy for me to "win" as it was my property and I could take them physically out of the store if I wanted to but never did as I would be very ashame of doing that.

But I always been a little bit surprise and shocked by some peoples behaviors, and at the beginning I was thinking about it even at nights "why was this customer so aggressive? did I do anything wrong?", then when I decided to let it go and swallow my pride when in front of a difficult customer, I started feeling better.

For me Aviation represents so much, it's still "magic", and I'm so sad when I see people acting like that. You want to tell them "you are not on a bus, you are going to fly at 39000 feet at 900 kmh safely, have some respect for that".

Also It's sad to see that many passengers consider cabin crew as waitress instead of life savers.

What can be done to make passengers conscious of that? Maybe airlines should include a notice attached to the security briefing card explaining all of that. Explaining that yes passengers are customers but also that their behavior is very important for the safety of everyone and that discipline is expected from them.

I think that management should always backup cabin crews when unloading passengers. I think his luggage should stay in the plane and he should wait for it to return.