PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC move worries
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 13:22
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat - Pigeons... GO!!

Here's a quick question, in no way meant to be offensive...

How many people at MACC are at that unit because they failed to validate at 'busier' or 'more complex' units?

How many of those people who were given a second chance to salvage a career with good pay through the goodwill of NATS are complaining about having to uproot to Scotland?

(And whilst I'm at it, how many of those same people complain about only being band 4)??

Genuine questions, because I know how short or how selective peoples memories can be, especially ATCOs'!!

I fully sympathise with the situation regarding negative equity that those who have bought in the last 3 or 4 years will find themselves in; however all other issues regarding this relocation, which has been known about for years, are no more valid than any other relocation programme this company has undertaken.

You're talking a distance of 250 miles, not the end of the earth. Correct it's not commutable, but then realistically, if talking about quality of life, neither really is the WD to Swanwick commute. Partners of people who moved to Swanwick have all had to up roots and find jobs as well, it's not a unique situation you are finding yourselves in.

If this relocation couple with the pension, on top of all your other gripes, such as being Band 4 etc are so bad, then why not look abroad for work? Or is NATS in reality not as bad a company as some people like to whinge about (typically people who have never worked for another company)??