PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 13th Nov 2008, 13:07
Thermal Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HenC

To: TI

I would have to disagree with you that most self-sponsored do it to join SQ. That would be more accurate a statement if you refer to SFC private cadets.

After I got rejected final round by SQ, I nvr did my fATPL for the hope of getting into SQ someday. I knw once they reject, that's it. What's more with HK and Indian prospects, on top of Msians fighting for places.

There are a few friends who think that way like me.

The SFC private candidate is a recent phenomenon. Before that anyone who wanted to do his own CPL had to go overseas. I am referring to such people, not the SFC private candidates.

I can only advise you of the statistics that most of the pilots who paid for their own CPL, have ended up in SQ.

Whether they did this solely to get into SQ (rejected at the final round or not), or were never part of the cadet selection process right from the start, or just spent their father's money with no idea where they wanted to work and suddenly ended up in SQ, or whatever, is anybody's guess.

It's all well and good in your case and circle of friends to do as you please. But facts and statistics are reality.