PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any KLM City Hopper new hires on the E190?
Old 13th Nov 2008, 11:57
Knee Trembler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'The Chief Pilot saying he will not accept half pilot's in his company'

What's the message to all KLM Pilot's who did not complete their flight training with those two flying schools?
I think the message is fairly plain, don't you?

There are quite a few foreigners in KLM, not only the Air UK contingent, most arrived there through the acquisition of Cityhopper. I don't know how many Dutch come from other backgrounds.

I suspect few people have suffered direct discrimination - the average KLM line pilot is as pleasant and friendly as anywhere else, although I could cite plenty of stories of discrimination that have affected colleagues.

One thing that is immediately apparent on joining is that there are many groups within groups there and at any one time there always seems to be somebody suing the company, usually over seniority issues. I suspect all large companies are like this, but the Dutch seem to have made it something of an art.

If I sound a little bitter, it's because I am. I had my own bad experience (actually after leaving) which I don't wish to detail here. Suffice to say, I stand by my original comment that there are some VERY vindictive and ruthless managers at KLM.

KT