PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC move worries
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2008, 11:25
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PpDude and Zooker

This is digressing, so this will be my last comment on this particular topic (Uberlingen)

so if the poor controller had someone sat next to him watching, they still would of hit?
Ifs and buts - who knows? If he had someone sat next to him, he may have been more engrossed in having a conversation with that person (and therefore still had the incident), as it was very quiet... all conjecture. TC and some of Scottish manage just fine single manned, and believe it or not, TC is quite complex and can be busy at times...

The reason the displays were not "properly co-located" is because they were designed to be monitored by 2 controllers, - one of whom wasn't there!

Which is different from T&P , unless of course you are saying there should have been 4 controllers on duty?? Zooker, you were talking about T&P operation which is 2 controllers per task, using seperate radar screens, but set up in a simialr way for one task in hand. The controller at Uberlingen was using 2 displays because he was executing effectively 2 different tasks/sectors.
It's like asking someone to bandbox 2 sectors at night, but making them use the normal workstations for each position, not putting them onto one workstation. The issue was not about T&P but was about not having the correct amount of manpower for the task in hand, which in my first post I stated was the problem.
If you're going to put forward an argument, make it relevant, otherwise people will switch off when you do talk about relevant things, such as the situation that MACC staff may find themselves in due to the economic situation.