PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 13th Nov 2008, 10:02
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case

Hello,

Last week, my girlfriend and I decided to go on a trip to West Africa.
I took a Air France flight and she took a Royal Air Maroc flight.

She told me that as the plane was taxiing, a passenger (aged in the 40s) got up to go to the bathroom and that the stewardess kindly asked him to go back to his seat. He started shouting really loud and insulting her, using words I will not write here. The stewardess was shocked as most of the passengers. He was warned that they could call stop the plane and call the Police, but he became even more aggressive as he got up and threaten the crew saying stuff like "bring the police!, the plane is going to my country, i'll bring you to the police".

I am surprised they didn't disembark him. As a passenger I would be shocked and not comfortable having a guy like this in the plane. I would also be mad and want to knock him off but wouldn't do it as I would be in a plane and probably go to jail.

My question is, how are you guys trained to deal with those animals? how can you keep self-control when being insulted? I really have admiration for that.

What would have you done in this situation?

I know that disembarking a passenger would delay the flight and cause some trouble, but I think it should be done everytime a passenger shows aggressivity.