PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEXUAL HARASSMENT, Captain Inaudible & First Officer X
Old 1st Apr 2002, 06:04
Flight Safety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be a small contribution to this whole issue, but I'd like to point out something that is troubling me about the accusations being made on both sides.

Consider the following statement made by MP in his original post...

She was well below the standard expected of someone of her experience and I contacted the Training Manager in order to arrange for some extra training. She was of the opinion that Training Captains should not train on line flights but only on line checks.

During late August/early Septeber 2000 she remarked to at least five line captains that she flew with, one of whom gave me statement, advising them that" confidence has gone as a result of me staring at her breasts instead of training her". I contacted the Fleet Manager and the rest is history and appears below.

The lady in question later freely admitted in a meeting on the 19th January 2001 when the Fleet Manager, a Personnel Person and myself were present, that she had made up the entire story and that it was malicious, false and entirely without any foundation. NO action was taken against her.
MP later said in the same post...

The level of harassment is assessed in law as perceived by the victim. All I wanted was an apology and a guarantee not to fly together. This was not an option. When I sugested a apology to the lady at the 19th Jan meeting she demanded an apology from me and stated that "I would do the same thing again if I threatened and considered it justified." Nice lady!!
It's interesting that both of these events appear to have oocurred in the same 19th January 2001 meeting!!!

As far as I can tell, "towsides" never disputes in his/her posts that these 2 events in the 19th January meeting (and their respective comments) actually occurred.

The truth of what actually happened to MP (and First Officer X) is strongly hinted at by what allegedly occurred at this particular meeting. Look at this 2 events very closely, what do you see? Think it through very carefully.