PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mindnumbingly useless JAR objectives
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 08:44
shaun ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not agree!

All well and good pottkettle saying that its all in the ops manuals. I would like to hope that any airline pilot worth his sort knows his JAR fuel policy and relevant distances without having to reach over and read up. Do you? Shall I wait five minutes so you can find out? So I wonder if you actually know what a contaminated runway is or what the confines of rvsm airspace are without your trusty ops manual? Never mind the limitations of the aircaft you are flying!

As for the height and sizes of markings on aircraft etc, when did anyone last see a question on that? Common, we are being a bit silly now eh?

GIZZAJOB, it usually helps if the pilots and crew know where the emergency equipment is stowed on the aircraft for obvious reasons. Unfortunately for you, if you are lucky enough, you will have to prove this every year to your employer.

I would spend as much time learning all of this JAR c##p as you put it. Jobs are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I am amazed that you find time to whinge about this online. Just get on with your exams and pray that you can get a job at the end of your training.

Now back to studying those ops manuals. LPC/OPC next week. Drat.