PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 12th Nov 2008, 00:41
HenC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow me to share a little of my experience in aviation ha .

When I was a self-sponsored cadet in a flying school in Msia (being late 20s and all, stable career bla bla bla before I jumped into aviation), there were a lot of things I felt could be improved.

One of them was rough handling of students ha. There was this ang mo who would give me sleepless nights if I knew I've got a sortie with him the next day. Better know the SOP inside out and even if you do fly well, he's a fault finder. Occasionally, he does some hitting. I still remember on my 13th hour, he scolded me fxck fxck fxck on apron before take off till apron after landing (apron to apron I'd call it lol). I was on Elm Street and he was my nightmare, Freddy Kruger haha. However, he teaches you patiently and methodically before he Fs u. Always, w/o fail.

Lesson learnt: In aviation, you may not always agree with those above you but do not argue most times. Do not fight for your rights most times. Blind insistence on what you think is right is a big nono esp if you are a nobody. Just bite the bullet and go thru it. Learn how to adapt.

Cheers pple