PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2008, 00:00
waiterpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further questionage. I apologise.

Greasy Hungarians aside, I can assure you I am not some sort of guru who knows exactly what to take in terms of survival gear (although I wouldn't describe it as survival gear.... it's Maun; it has a Spar!) I didn't even buy the stuff - it arrived in variously themed attractive gift bags from relations who didn't really know what to get me for my birthday!

Saying that, some of my family are in the RAF/Army and have been in certain countries where it is a little hot quite recently (guess where!). They got me some 12 hour DEET cream stuff to keep the insects off/get the smell of trout off me, a pegless clothes line thing, a small LED keyring torch, and a small travel alarm clock. And some cufflinks, but I don't think that was for Botswana. Other stuff I might be taking will be my swiss army knife, and a water bottle thing. I was already taking hairspry because I want to look fabulous.

Can you buy tents in Maun? (as in the crappy kind you see in the rain around British seaside resorts, not the luxurious dome variety)? It seems ridiculous to be carting a tent across the other side of the world.

Csaand007: How did you manage to get Mack Air to reply to you emails?! I got nothing and yet was so sickly sweet and grovely! I tried two different addresss.

I would also like to echo Mr. nbv4's questions regarding medicals; my class 1 expires in December but don't want to a) spend many pounds or b) have delicate pieces of my anatomy in a strangers grasp for no reason. Especially if he has cold hands. From what I gather your Botswana exam is enough to cover you for the Botswana license but don't know 100%. I cannot emphasise enough I want to be molested as few times as possible over the coming weeks.

That is all for now. I'm sure more questions will pop into my head though. Again if anyone knows the answer to my Christmas question I will be very pleased.