PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 11th Nov 2008, 23:01
Sonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@phrixus29

I totally get what you're saying and I agree with you (oh no, maybe I'm going to be accused of changing my mind again ).

Its hard to put forth a balanced argument. I know the road you have taken, as I'm taking it now. At the same time, the guys in SQ have their perspective too. We're all actually singing the same song, only from a different perspective.

I too am tired of the assumption that SQ is the ultimate goal for every Singaporean wanting to be a pilot. However, if after pursuing aviation abroad for some time, SQ were to offer an FO position, how many of those FIs/charter pilots/bush pilots/aerial bombers would turn it down?

So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, for those of us that don't even get in SFC as a SS candidate, and we still want to pursue the pilot dream, be prepared to not ever get into SQ. It has been done before, but don't get our hopes up too high.
BUT, there are many other pilot jobs out there in the big wide world that are just as rewarding and you should open your minds to accept them.

Phew! Its hard work making balanced arguments.