PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of JAA PPL's in the U.S. A ???
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2002, 23:02
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW, You have never actually admitted it until now although a lot of users of this board have asssumed you have never been there. Training in the US does bring money into the UK GA industry although it may not be directly into the pockets of FIs, although having said that doesnt mean they will not undertake a course in the UK in the future. You also forget that there a number of N regs floating around, one down the road from me, avaliable for hire.

It is not only in this forum you have criticised US flying but also in others such as 'private', launching into your views on a system you know nothing about - recent example of discussion on WXBRIEF was a classic. How can you comment on something you havent used?

If you dont name and shame why did you name O****** FT?

I am an end user of flying schools and aircraft rental as I have always said - and as would be apparent if you looked at my profile - look no FI rating! I do however fly regulary in the UK and US hence feel able to comment. I would not however go around criticising say SA, Australia, etc as I havent flown there.

So the answer is not agitated but find it hard to understand how you can pass comments on various areas of something you know nothing about, that of flying in the US.

Interesting your rates go up, the training centre I use charges $35/HR no matter what rating.