PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 11th Nov 2008, 14:33
Sonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but these 2 options also require a singaporean to be at least 26 rite? if yes, then i don't think i would be willing to wait to then to start..
yeap.

another thing is, werent you the one who encouraged singaporeans to go to overseas, right here in this thread? why have you changed you mind also...

@ljjthegreat,

Chill, bro.

I know of 1 Cadet FI that got in before 26. He is just finishing or has just finished his bond and is on the way to SQ.

If one decides to start his aviation career immediately after Uni or NS, then then yes, the only way is to go overseas.

I have not changed my mind, in fact, I stand by all I have said before. Each person has his own set of circumstances and not 1 path is the best way for all. I have a family to support, with a baby, and my wife has a good paying job (which we are thankful for at this difficult time). The opportunity cost will be too high for me to uproot and relocate the family. Which is why I am doing my CASA CPL modularly, which I have also declared before.

Since I am over the age limit for SQ, there's no chance they will accept me as a cadet (I have applied and got rejected). HOWEVER, should the miraculous happen and SFC offers me Cadet FI, would I take it? IN A HEARTBEAT, you bet I would!
What if they offered me as Self Sponsored? Yes again! Because as Thermal Image has stated, the deserving number of SS students get offered part sponsorship by airlines. That's worth something.

If none of the above happen, then I will continue to plod on with my CPL in Oz (2 exams booked for the end of the year already! woohoo!)

Understand that not everyone is in the same shoes.

Happy landings!