PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 11th Nov 2008, 14:02
Sonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My $0.02

I agree with Thermal Image.

I know I have been beating the Self Sponsored drum for a while now, but let's put this in perspective.

1. The best option for Singaporeans is to get SQ cadetship. Nuff said.

2. Failing that, the next best option is Cadet FI, because someone else still pays for your training and you've got a job waiting for you at the end of training. After your bond is up, chances of airlines hiring you is still very high.

3. If you don't get option 2, a self sponsored CPL w fATPL in SFC is the next best, because you still end up with a licence that has the path of least resistance for Singapore carriers to hire you, is accepted in Malaysia 1 for 1, and any other ICAO contracting state that accepts CASA, FAA, Transport Canada etc. Let's face it, wouldn't we all rather be working closest to home, given a choice?
The down side to option 3 is the cost - more expensive than self sponsoring overseas. BUT, if you've got young kids and a family to move overseas ..... ???..........

4. Only after you've exhausted all previous options, then if you still have that itch you just have to scratch, by all means fight for your dream and chase down that rainbow!

Happy landings!