PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 11th Nov 2008, 13:57
dream747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ljjthegreat,

When I first convinced myself that I wanted to be a pilot, I got down to research in hope to find out more on how this whole 'pilot-industry' works, I started off in front of my computer screen naturally and the first site I came onto is Pprune.

Lost in my state of over-enthusiasm, stuck in a position where SIA will not even take a glance at me, I did whatever I could here to find out if there are any alternative paths that will lead to that light that I've always been looking for. I PMed as many people here that I thought then could give me advices and maybe made myself a nuisance to them (I hope I didn't though, sorry to those if I did) and indeed I have received many invaluable advices from many users here.

It took me time to realise gradually that as much Pprune as a forum can offer good advices, not everything we read here is necessarily true or reflective of the actual situation out there, more so for Singapore, trust TI if you would. Users that post here who are airline pilots make up I believe less than 5% of the total number users probably.

And yes, I have ZERO actual experience in this industry as well. I think the very least we could do is to heed the advice from people who is in the industry who are willing to help and give advices to people like us.

Respectfully,

Dream747

Last edited by dream747; 11th Nov 2008 at 14:03. Reason: Spelling