PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 11th Nov 2008, 13:29
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Rayner
I have to disagree. Ignoring the positive spin of FTO's when criticising the opinions of some on this site is unfair, since in fact, as mentioned, all that they're trying to do is provide a bit of balance for the wannabe at large in the face of said PR campaign.

Also, the need to make bucks might explain why some people do the things they do, but it doesn't necessarily excuse it. An opinion with no vested interest will always suit me nicely thankyou very much.

As for the repetitive nature of the grim forebodings, well, this thread alone is 62 pages long. I think nearly everything's been said before! It's only repetitive if you keep coming back for more.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Either that, or you stopped referring to my post.

How much people bleat on about how bad it is, is irrelevant for me. If it lasts 100 pages, it is fine by me; I dip in and out to keep current with the latest info, ignoring the idle ramblings, of course!

What is pointless, though, is those that tell us they are right, because it is their opinion. Nothing factual, just that because this happened on this date, it will end up like that in the future. However possible it looks, it isn't certain so to suggest that they know what will happen and to suggest that there is a specific time frame when people should commence their training (only when this said person sees fit to announce this time, of course) is pointless and counterproductive. It negates the good information we get from those that express valid opinions.

Like I say, the fact it is 62 pages is irrelevant - if it is 62 pages of worthwhile stuff, great. If it is 62 pages worth of crap...not so great.