PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 11th Nov 2008, 12:50
Thermal Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes,i have not even had one flying lesson yet. but my postings are based on the research that i have gathered. The information that i gave did not have to be gained through personal experience. If it is like that, it would be like that.
Thank you for being honest about yourself. I leave it to readers to choose whether they should believe someone making speculative statements or someone qualified and with industry experience.

you seem like you're trying to tell people to give up once they aren't selected
No. As I have said, if you are looking for a GA career, well and good. And already you start demonstrating your combative attitude towards people with experience and good intentions. As I have said before, you have an attitude problem.

then mid way through your post you happily decide to change your happy mind and give others a suggestion, which is EQUALLY as normal as the suggestions that I have given. Why did you do that? only you can answer yourself.
Have I indeed changed my mind? Your words now take on a mocking tone. As was pointed out in another posting between singapore_flyer and yourself, you now show again, a certain lack of comprehension skills and the same combative attitude.

who gave you the right to act as the SIA head of recruitment (or whatever) and impose your ideas on others?
Now, small boy, that is not the way to talk to your seniors who speak with experience and authority. I am providing free advice. I don't have to. If you feel that I am imposing on you, leave me your name. I will make sure that no one in SIA or any local based carrier imposes on you, for the very simple reason that they cannot impose on you if you don't work for them. As long as you work there you will meet with many many people who will "impose" on you. For that matter, to someone who has admitted that he has ZERO experience, I ask you the very same question, who gave you the right to impose your thoughts on others?

the purpose of this thread is to inspire more people to be as successful as these small group of people, no matter what the odds are.
That is like saying people should be encouraged to gamble because as you say, "no matter what the odds are", they could win. I prefer to be prudent and pick the low hanging fruit first.

i've no idea why you've so opposed to the idea of self-sponsoring overseas. Singapore is such a small place. Does not being selected for SIA mean the end of the road for aspirin singapore pilots? I doubt so. In fact the people who have posted here since the thread started would disagree with you.
I am not opposed to the idea of self sponsoring overseas. As I have said, if you want to be a GA pilot overseas, all the best to you. Again you demonstrate your lack of comprehension skills (not to mention respect). I am stating the facts about what happens after all that money has been spent. YOU have ZERO experience and industry knowledge to drawn upon. Most of the time it is not your money you are spending to take a chance. Your parents need to know the facts. You on the other hand are giving false hope to others that they have a fighting chance of joining a Singapore carrier after doing a self sponsored overseas course, combined with a long enough time in GA.

So, whom shall they believe, a punk kid with no experience, not even a single lesson (maybe can't even fly at all), or as overmars has said, the resident guru *blush* ?