PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 11th Nov 2008, 09:30
ChrisLKKB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sentiment has dropped off a cliff in the last 2 months and that is not reflected in most of the data you are quoting. It is crap and going to get worse.
This is what some people were saying many pages back (probably yourself included). It would seem if it hasn't just happened or isn't happening right now then people just aren't interested.

The exact details may or may not be predictable but you don't need to be Mystic Meg to see there is going to be an unavoidable and protracted lean period for the airlines (and for almost everyone). It's not difficult either to see that right now the best thing to do is to hold off on any plans for trainning, this will go on for at least 18 month and there wont be any growth for years, airlines are aleady over staffed for the future.

I have just signed up with OATS, handed over £70k and start tomorrow. Managed to re-mortgage my parents house, although the interest rate hurts!

Do you think it was a bad move?

If you have (and I doubt that) then at least you can have a warm feeling to know that you are keeping a couple of flying instructors in a job for the next year.