PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chris Darke to be re-elected!!! Vote
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2002, 19:24
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Brae-Cuynd was this the same ADC motion which was fleetingly mentioned in the ADC lose leaf report that informed us all that further details would be available on the BALPA website?

Eventually when somebody on the BA BALPA Compuserve forum asked when these details would be published it transpires that it was felt 'least said soonest mended' and nothing was in fact ever reported.

Funny that for my 1% I cannot find out exactly happened at the ADC. If CD is so overwhemingly supported then why not actually publicly say so?

BA representatives have in the past 12 months or so vastly improved there communication with BA members and it was long overdue. The representation over several (and two very notable issues in particular) was a disgrace. From my observations a shake up of the whole manner in which BALPA is managed is long overdue. If CD is re-elected all well and good. But whatever the outcome it will be a loud wakeup call.

Whether CD is re-elected or not there is, rightly or wrongly, a large number of people dissatisfied with CD and, more to the point, his leadership of BALPA.

For the sake of factual accuracy two people abstained at the ADC John Frohnsdorff and Richard Mawby.

Finally, I fail to see what relevance John Frohnsdorff's legitimate right to live where he chooses or the fact he is about to retire has. It was a brave decision to stand as a 'stalking horse' in order to give voice to a large body of opinion far from satisfied with BALPA's golf club style of management.

You may disagree with what is happening but how about leaving personalities out of the debate?