PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect Fleet Replacement
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 20:13
Dashim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threecombs .. Thanks .. I'm sure your incremental figures are correct .. and I don't mean to "correct" you ... the two companies pay differently ... Not one better or worse .. just differently. If we talk straight money, my figures still show that, based on a Line Captain, the two companes pay about the same.

But remember :
1. Pac Blue pays base salary which is higher than JC's.. therefore the 4% Kiwisaver is paid on that amount
2. Pac Blue pays $1000per year for staff travel
3. Pac Blue Loss of licence scheme is equal to MBF (3x salary to $500K max)and comes as part of the package
4. JC has incentive payment .. which is a good thing for them .. but as a Captain, you don't have to work over 65hrs to earn the same money in Pac Blue. Most Line FO's and Captans not working overly hard at present, albeit the training staff working flat out at Pac Blue
5. Training pay based on base salary .. therefore the Pac Blue Training Captain is on 12% of the higher base Salary between the two Companies.

JC has a good contract, no doubt about it, and those who negotiated it ought to be commended. JC certainly has more benificial "Tme away from work clauses" ... something PB needs to address.

As I said in my earlier post .. there are pro's and cons working for either Company .. both have great people working there.

Gotta Dash