PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 10th Nov 2008, 13:45
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chickentikkamasala
Guess what it's time for wannabes to be cautious. Batten down the hatches there's a recession on. Guess what www was the only one in the world to predict it.
What a heart-felt tribute...you even use the same phrases as WWW. I'm sure his newly founded position of World Economist will go down a treat...as will his newly founded pet

Seriously, I agree with Alex. The only thing about the future that this thread provides is opinion. Therefore, anybody who predicts the future is simply guessing or hypothesising based on previous experience and economic trend. Saying that anybody who dares either disagree for one reason or another, or wants to start training in the near future (to come out of the system in 2 years) is naive, stupid, ignorant or all of the above, is doing nothing more than showing their own ignorance!

Maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the person that posts next is wrong. However, nobody knows that anybody is wrong.

For what it is worth, I trust the aviating "heavy weights" in that 2009 will be bad. The probability that it'll be bad is quite high, therefore, to suggest that it will be bad is a natural step that most people like to follow.

Don't get me wrong, the advice that is given on this thread (in some parts) is sound and logical. I accept that this could be horrific for 3-4 years. I also accept it might not be as bad as some say.